Ernest Borgnine the great actor...

Aitchbee 21:49 09 Jul 12
Answered

...has died.He was 95. Along with Lee Marvin (who co-starred with Ernest in 'The Dirty Dozen') his 'heavy-weight' persona will be missed.

daz60 22:24 09 Jul 12

An Hollywood legend,great actor and one of the few 'hard men' left.There are few actors today who, i think,have the larger than life character and charisma that will be remembered.

Bingalau 10:30 10 Jul 12
Answer

I think he stated in one interview a few years ago, that his favourite part of his own life was when he served in the navy. That was of course during WW2 and must have been no picnic. Working on that theory his life in the movie business must have been hell.

He certainly came over as a real nice guy, I loved him in films and thought he was brilliant.

Quickbeam 11:01 10 Jul 12

Ernest Borgnine – a career in clips

He was one of those talented omnipresent character actors that were never the main star, but made quality of the final film a cut above what they would have been without them. I think his best part was in the original 'Flight of the Phoenix', which also featured Ronald Fraser, one of Britain's best omnipresent character actors.

Quickbeam 11:09 10 Jul 12

I just noticed from my own link that he did get a lead role in Marty, a film I've never seen.

woodchip 11:14 10 Jul 12

Remember AirWolf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…