Eric Joyce

Yimbo 15:23 09 Mar 12
Answered

He reckons he's lucky not to be facing a jail sentence! But he wants to continue as an MP! What do you think - should he stay or go?

johndrew 15:56 09 Mar 12
Answer

If he were my MP, I certainly would not want him to represent me. If he has no self control over the volume of (subsidised) alcoholic drink he consumes or his behaviour then is he the right type of person to be involved in making decisions that affect me - not really.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:49 09 Mar 12

Perhaps he's modelled himself on John Prescott he could throw a good punch too. :0)

Kevscar1 05:51 10 Mar 12

You should be barred from being an MP if you get a criminal conviction

wee eddie 12:45 10 Mar 12

And all on just 1 bottle of wine.

I am thinking, maybe, forgetfulness should be among his litany of excuses

Chegs ®™ 12:57 10 Mar 12

Drunken yobs deserve jail,as he's an MP he should be instantly stripped of his office.

Bingalau 19:59 10 Mar 12

When I ran a public house, anyone caught fighting, no matter who professed not to be the instigator. All participants were barred out. There were no second chances and no excuses were taken by me. It may have been unjust to the innocent, but I had a well behaved clientèle, congregation whatever. The pub thrived because of it. The people who were prone to fighting went elsewhere, my pub was known to be a good and safe place to go for an evening.

zzzz999 07:52 13 Mar 12

God, what a sterile place the Houses of Parliament will be if some of the commentators get their way. Our Parliament should be reflective of the people it serves, Mr Joyce helps ensure that diversity :-)

Yimbo 08:15 13 Mar 12

Our Parliament should be reflective of the people it serves.:-)

Yes, and sadly that's what's happening, more and more!

morddwyd 08:57 13 Mar 12

"Our Parliament should be reflective of the people it serves,"

With millionaires along the front bench that's a very true statement!

finerty 01:34 18 Mar 12

We should give him an ASBO so he cant go to the houses of parliament and the bars and where-ever they sell alcoholic drinks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017