epson R300 printer

yson 18:59 04 Dec 04

I am considering purchase of R300 is this a new model or has it been around for some time and any advice on running costs etc.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:12 04 Dec 04

click here are flogging a 12 pck refill and an extra black cartridge for £28.99 inc VAT and delivery. I have used these and the Epson ones and there is no difference on photos. The software with the printer is the best I have seen and the quality of prints unsurpassed. You will not regret the purchase.

The R200 is exactly the same but withoput the LCD monitor. You do not nered the monitor as the software is so good ;-)))

yson 19:23 04 Dec 04

gandalf thanks any problems with disc printing

Chris the Ancient 20:24 04 Dec 04

I have an R200...

But I have had no problems of any worth with CD printing. As long as you make sure that you get printable CDs, you'll be fine.

Just once in a while, I find that the first 'pick up' of the CD doesn't always work, but that's more likely to be me.

Also, if you have blank CDs with a serial number printed in the centre, make sure it doesn't show when it is in the carrier because that sometimes seem to confuse the printer when it's looking for where to print. If that seems confusing at the moment, you'll see what I mean if you get the printer!

Cook2 21:39 04 Dec 04

My son has the R200 and I the R300, both are excellent printers, the only difference being the card readers in the R300.

If you have a supply of non-printable discs, you can just stick a blank label on first and then print.

The ink certainly appears to last a lot longer than in the Canon I had previously.

As GANDALF <|:-)> says. You will not regret the purchase.

jack 17:18 05 Dec 04

Definitly a 'bang on' device - I've had mine a year this week[ Oooher now the warranty has run out should I say more?]
As mentioned pre labling disks gets over the 'printability' problem
Inks are long lived, Compatables are in the main fine
I get mine from click here
Also with the aid of a 'zapper' the carts can be reset for self refill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…