An English Plot?

morddwyd 16:21 PM 04 Nov 12

The 3rd Battalion The Rifles have been granted the Freedom of Edinburgh, the first English battalion to be so honoured.

Is this a dastardly English plot so that they can fix bayonets on the eve of the referendum and cow the local populace?

Glad to see you safe home, boys, with only minimum casualties.

RIP Andrew Chesterman.

Condom 18:03 PM 04 Nov 12

Perhaps they are an advanced reco unit just in case.... :-)

Aitchbee 20:46 PM 05 Nov 12

A nice gesture, but ...

... methinks the citizens of Edinburgh would like their freedom too ... ASAP.

Forum Editor 22:37 PM 05 Nov 12

"methinks the citizens of Edinburgh would like their freedom too ... ASAP."

Forgive me for being dense, but what does the Edinburgh tram fiasco have to do with an English Battalion being given the freedom of the city?

Quickbeam 07:35 AM 06 Nov 12

Maybe they intend to use it to easily move their thin red line around the borough?

john bunyan 08:48 AM 06 Nov 12

I hear that other units may be relocated to Scotland as BAOR comes home from their long German stay.Some plans are for after the referendum, so it will be interesting what happens if there is a "Yes" vote. I wonder also if the Clyde submarine base and RNAD Coulport will be proposed to be English "Sovereign Bases" as happened when Cyprus became independent with RAF Akrotiri, Mount Olympus and Dhekelia etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…