English Cricket

season8 10:40 05 Jan 07

The Aussies winning 5-0 in the ashes.
Is it time for Duncan Fletcher to be given the sack?
Can English cricket get any worse??

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 05 Jan 07

The players were an utter disgrace never mind Duncan Fletcher. I get heartily tired of evryone including the media always blaminfg the trainrer, selectors, weather and never the players. Even if they were the wrong team they should have played more professionally and had at least a killer expression on their faces instead of wide-eyed, utter disinterest.

I would make the pathetic losers walk home or leave them in Oz and there is no way they would get paid if I was in charge.

G

mole44 15:23 05 Jan 07

my son was in Ausralia on buisness when cricket for us whent pear shaped,and yes he did get a very good ribbibg.but all was in good natured from the Ausies.

DrScott 15:34 05 Jan 07

we only just won the Ashes the previous time, on home ground too. The difference is that Australians are taught from birth to win, whereas the English, well we're taught to blame everyone else for our lack of success.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:46 05 Jan 07

Nail+head.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:30 05 Jan 07

I would also strip them of their MBEs.

G

leo49 17:15 05 Jan 07

We also only won 2 years ago as Glenn Mcgrath trod on a cricket ball during practice for the 4th test and was unable to take part in that and the final test.

The Brigadier 17:17 05 Jan 07

Sack Duncan Fletcher & chairman of selectors David Graveney, both are past their sell by dates!

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:33 05 Jan 07

That's typical of the British blame culture..blame everyone but the team. The selectors have no influence over performance and as this shower are *supposed* to be 'professionals' they should have been a damn sight better.

G

Newbolt 17:39 05 Jan 07

somewhere - about a forthcoming BBC television programme - a competition for professional ballroom dancers to form an England cricket team.

Forum Editor 17:56 05 Jan 07

being interviewed on the radio - I forget which player it was - and he made just about every excuse in the book. "We're a young team, we'll learn from this, we had some moments of brilliance, we'll be back in 2009, and we'll be older and wiser, etc., etc.

He said everything he could think of, except the one thing all of us, and all of the Australians know only too well - our players were hopeless. They played badly, and don't have the character to face us and admit as much. They were outclassed by the Australians, who went away from the last ashes series and made their minds up that they would give us a trouncing this time round. They did exactly that, and did it superbly well.

The England team should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves, but of course they don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced