Engine starter spray

Graham. 09:06 13 Mar 07

Many moons ago, I did some part-time coach driving. One coach would not start in the morning without using a spray into the air inlet. I now need such a spray for a neighbours toy lorry, which he got for his kids for Christmas. They have never got it going, although the shop could start it.

Any mechanics out there?

jack 09:21 13 Mar 07

Toy lorry is powered by????
Internal combustion engine- or electric motor and a battery pack
You did not say.

Coming back to your original comment - It used to be said that engines became addicted to 'Quick-Start'
just like folk that do not get going with out their coffee and fag or booze fix.;-)

Sapins 09:45 13 Mar 07

I had a tractor that needed a quick start spray, which I bought from a local car "supermarket"

You might get some Pyriol Starting Fluid from;

VALVOLINE OIL COMPANY
Street Address: Dock Road
City, State/Prov. ZIP: Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 1DR, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 15 16 52 15 51
Fax: +44 15 16 53 89 00
Contact: Customer Service - Mr. Barry Williams / Technical - Mr. Frank Sherlock / Sales and Marketing - Mr. Paul Taylor
e-mail: [email protected]

laurie53 09:56 13 Mar 07

I remember that stuff. I used to have an old Triumph (car) that was very partial to it come winter.

It was quite volatile and you could get quite high by the time you got started on a very cold morning!

If the same stuff is needed try Halfords

Laurie

Sapins 09:58 13 Mar 07

Forgot link to product click here

I have looked at Halfords site, they don't seem to stock it.

Graham. 09:59 13 Mar 07

A search on Halfords returns Satnavs...

Graham. 10:01 13 Mar 07

I'll email Valvoline, thanks.

johndrew 10:08 13 Mar 07

You could also speak to a local, friendly chemist and buy a drop of ether (probably the base of the commercial product). We used to use it on diesels years ago as a starting aid. It is very flamable and you don`t need a lot!!!!

namtas 10:51 13 Mar 07

You need some easy Start, (magic stuff on a winters morning) and beat having to stuff a burning rag into the air intake. It is a ether based compound, need to be careful if you have heater plugs installed as you could blow them clean out, You need only very small amounts and not sure about using it on a toy engine. As someone said diesel engines seemed to get to rely on it once you used it

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 13 Mar 07

If it needs "easy start" then there is something wrong with it.

Engine needs

Fuel
Air
Ignition source (heat)

Is it petrol or diesel? Two stroke or four stroke?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:45 13 Mar 07

Easy Start aerosol, take off air filter cover and spray behind air filter or WD40 does the same thing.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…