Energy bills 'often inaccurate' --A Heads Up--

peter99co 20:10 18 Oct 08

click here

Check your meter and your estimated bill!

A third of customers will get estimated bills this quarter.These bills will take into account energy used before the summer price rises and after, but they may not take into account the price rise.

This could result in a huge and possibly inaccurate catch-up bill down the line once the customer's meter is read, because the supplier will not know which units of energy were used before the price rise.

laurie53 09:16 19 Oct 08

I have never accepted estimated reading unless they are very close to the real one.

It's the work of moments to supply a current meter reading, and avoid any unpleasant surprises.

BT 17:09 19 Oct 08

Same here, if I get an estimated bill I check the reading straight away and as long as its within a sensible range I accept it otherwise I submit a reading Online.

peter99co 17:13 19 Oct 08

Consumers could be paying higher prices for gas or electricity used in the past, while for companies it results in a very nice windfall.

peter99co 21:51 25 Oct 08

I had my meter read on Thursday and a Bill online by Saturday. (Informed by Email)They have used the reading to calculate usage from April and they owe me money!£45. New direct debit details have been calculated and will be used in future payments. I am with Npower.

jolorna 22:30 25 Oct 08

i think they should publish the date when the prices will go up so people can read there bills on that date

peter99co 13:46 26 Oct 08

5 July - EDF Energy
Gas up 22%, electricity up 17%
30 July - British Gas
Gas up 35%, electricity up 9%
21 Aug - Eon
Gas up 26%, electricity up 16%
21 Aug - Scottish & Southern
Gas up 29.2%, electricity up 19.2%
29 Aug - Scottish Power
Gas up 34%, electricity up 9%
29 Aug - Npower
Gas up 26%, electricity up 14%

jolorna 15:17 26 Oct 08

i saw the british gas one but missed the n power one cheers

peter99co 15:25 26 Oct 08

Just had my Electric bill and they owe me £35.
Just recd Email today that bill is online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…