The end of the world! (again)

Flak999 12:43 19 May 11
Answered

Apparently the world is going to end (again) on Saturday! According to these Americans! Now, do we consider that these people are mentally ill, or are they labouring under some other form of psychotic delusion?

What is it that makes ordinary people who have been educated and brought up in a modern western democracy believe such complete and utter nonsense?

Al94 12:45 19 May 11

I was about to cut the grass, might leave it till Sunday!

interzone55 13:10 19 May 11

The world isn't going to end

Rather, all "good" Christians will ascend to heaven during the Rapture, the rest of us will be left much better off without the holier than thou god botherers.

An enterprising company has set up a website where for a fee of $10 they will look after your pets after you've ascended. Quote "How do you ensure your representatives won't be Raptured?" Answer: "Actually, we don't ensure it, they do. Each of our representatives has stated to us in writing that they are atheists, do not believe in God/Jesus, and that they have blasphemed in accordance with Mark 3:29, negating any chance of salvation."

Mark 3:29 - "But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

Flak999 13:55 19 May 11

I wonder how Mr camping the groups leader is going to explain to his faithful followers that he was wrong again in his calculations, when they all wake up on Sunday morning and nothings happened!

It stretches the imagination to believe that even these gullible fools are going to be taken in a second time!

Condom 15:23 19 May 11

Americans don't labour they can only labor. Maybe that is the problem.

lucky1 16:36 19 May 11

If it ends on Saturday it means I will not have to go to Church on Sunday!

onthelimit1 16:38 19 May 11

OK, so I'll get drunk tonight. Just have to think of something to do on Friday!

Flak999 16:49 19 May 11

lucky1

If it ends on Saturday it means I will not have to go to Church on Sunday!

Presumably, as you are a believer if it ends on Saturday you will be seated at the right hand of the Lord on Sunday! LOL

Woolwell 17:07 19 May 11

He cannot have read all of the bible but only the bits he wants. It is clear in the Bible in 2 places Matthew 24 verse 36 and Mark 13 verse 32 which say the same in referring to the end of the age (world) "No-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

wolfie3000 18:30 19 May 11

"It is clear in the Bible in 2 places Matthew 24 verse 36 and Mark 13 verse 32 which say the same in referring to the end of the age (world)"

Actually when the Bible refers to an "age" it means an eon, A length of time, not the world as a whole, its a well known mis translation.

OTT_B 21:25 19 May 11

Maybe GB will become the next president of the IMF on Saturday. That really would be the end of age.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…