The end of the world?

Terry Brown 15:31 24 Jan 11

The forcast is for the earth to end (or radiclly change) in 2012. Could this be the event that was forcast thousands of years ago?

click here

Terry
(original in Wrong forum-- Sorry)

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:39 24 Jan 11

You need to read the article a little more carefully and check the suggested time span of this 'disaster'. I quote the remarkably tight and accurate time scale....'Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, claimed yesterday that the galactic blast could happen before 2012 – or any time over the next million years'. So no need to start bricking it yet then.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:47 24 Jan 11

...ooooooh looooook! It is from the Daily Mail so not sensationalist at all. I'm surprised that they have not got a quote from Jordan. Daily Mail = Sensationalist Rag for celeb fawners.

G

interzone55 15:57 24 Jan 11

I'll stir up a bit more end of the world paranoia here.

There's been 8 earthquakes in the UK over the last 30 days.

The weather patterns world wide are a little on the weird side

Birds across the world have been dropping like flies

Portents for the end of the world?

I think I'll get myself a tin hat...

tullie 16:02 24 Jan 11

The articles about a supernova isent it?This occours regulary throughout the universe.

interzone55 16:04 24 Jan 11

Seeing as the home planet of Zaphod Beedlebrox & Ford Prefect is "somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse" we can be fairly sure the star didn't explode in the last 40 or so years.

Betelgeuse is 640 light years away, so seeing a supernova before 2600 is unlikely...

DANZIG 16:13 24 Jan 11

Reminds me of the dreaded Millenium Bug that was meant to throw us back to the dark ages.

That came to nothing as well!

Quickbeam 16:14 24 Jan 11

Have I got time to nip out to the shops and do some hoarding?

jimv7 16:16 24 Jan 11

But, it might have gone supernova 639 years ago, and we will not see it until 2012.

jakimo 16:23 24 Jan 11

You wont get a quote from Jordan,she's allegedly busy arranging a divorce (again)

interzone55 16:24 24 Jan 11

Zaphod & Ford Prefect came from close to Betelgeuse in the 70's, so we're OK for a while...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…