End of the grid

Rigga 13:48 27 Apr 07

click here

Just to let everyone know that the grid.org project has come to an end.

I know the PC advisors team had quite a few members. what shall we all give our CPU time to now?

R.

MrNerdy 14:07 27 Apr 07

Come and join WCG at click here
More than enough work to go round everyone:)

Rigga 14:12 27 Apr 07

I have just looked at WCG and the client is exactly the same as the old United Devices client, So I have downloaded it and it's working as I type.

Maybe the FE will create a PC Advisors team again.

R.

MrNerdy 15:54 27 Apr 07

Are you looking for a new team to join?
If so come and join the one i'm with;)

blanco 17:21 27 Apr 07

The PC Advisors Team certainly did a fair job in it's efforts to find improved treatment of cancer.
Although the final results are unlikely to be posted they have provided nearly 171 years of computer time between them and done 150,750 units of calculation for Oxford University.

Like Rigga, many of the Grid Org crunchers are moving on to World Community Grid and they have a special welcome page to lead them through the sign up procedure. I shall be doing this myself this evening after I uninstall the UD software.

PC Advisor has every reason to be proud of what their readers have done.

georgemac © 17:31 27 Apr 07

good to hear from you again

I stopped crunching about a year ago when I got a laptop

I thought that running the desktops full time were doing more harm to the environment, and my electric bill, that the probable good they were doing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a member of the team, and made some good virtual friends, and only upgraded our desktops so I could crunch the units faster.

gudgulf 17:53 27 Apr 07

........I recommend the Folding @ Home project researching protein folding.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…