Emergency & Disaster information service

Sethhaniel 13:26 16 Jan 07

click here

updated world map of current emergencies & disasters

interesting !!!

Diemmess 14:47 16 Jan 07

Fascinating

Seems to have constant updating.
When I looked first, under a "Chemical Incident" in Spain, was report of an "explosion" of voles in the heart of their prime cornlands.
Seems a warm winter hasn't reduced the numbers of these criturs this winter.

That incident has now disappeared from the list.

spuds 14:53 16 Jan 07

Very interesting link, into favourites for a daily check.

Sethhaniel 15:14 16 Jan 07

apparently lack of eagles & vultures to blame - and the storks only eat three or four before they're fed up on them ( couldnt eat a vole one )

spuds
In my favourites too ;)

The Brigadier 15:18 16 Jan 07

I use a different one for the same info which is by subscription. That and Janes Publishing & Llodys Registery for other disasters!

Diemmess 18:41 16 Jan 07

Yes, lack of predators plus the normal winter death of most has not occurred this year.

I mentioned it because describing the situation under 'chemical incident' seemed quaint.
In the time it took to add my post with link the incident disappeared.

interzone55 21:42 16 Jan 07

This morning on my way to work I was passed by a van emblazoned with "Tango Emergency Delivery"

How could anyone consider a shortage of Tango as an Emergency?

Input Overload 22:29 16 Jan 07

A most interesting site bookmarked, cheers.

Sethhaniel 12:53 19 Jan 07

ticked

Sethhaniel 16:11 24 Jan 07

Eleven children from native communities in the Northern Peruvian Amazon Jungle died because of rabies, after they were bitten by vampire bats. Attacks by vampire bats led some villagers to leave their homes in Condorcanqui Province, near the Ecuadorian border. However, Peruvian authorities assured them that the outbreak is under control. "Of course, people get frightened. They are temporarily leaving their homes, and they are getting into the jungle," said the Vice-President of the Inter-Ethnic Jungle Development Association, Mr. Shapiom Noningo. Dr. Luis Suarez, Head of the General Epidemiology Office in the Peruvian Ministry of Health, declared to Reuters that 2 outbreaks occurred in different places, one between last September and November [2006], in which 3 children died, and another one last November [2006], in which 8 children died. "All of them were less than 6 years old," Dr. Suarez stated.

The total number of persons bitten is 1101 -- the last one was bitten last December [2006] --

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced