email scams

kindly 18:29 04 Nov 06

I have just been to web site I heard of from listening to radio two. It is click here
I found it a very intersting one. The forums talk about the scams that come out Nigeria and other places. I have no affility to the site so can tell you for real what it is like. Some great info and advice. Give it a try and you might find some good reading.

spikeychris 19:54 04 Nov 06

I find Scambaiting very childish and something I can't be bothered with.

Choice: Open an email from some loser and concoct some convoluted response or open a bottle of vino and click delete……

kindly 10:45 05 Nov 06

well spikey, if you want to turn to drink thats your choice. I believe ALL people have the same choice and should be aware of whats going on around them. They should be aware of this scam baiting so they will at least know they have somewhere to go when or if they get one of them emails.

Noldi 10:57 05 Nov 06

What I find strange about this one is if you want to go play with these low life then you get what you deserve.

To even respond is letting them know your e-mail address is active and could be passed around very quickly thus you end up receiving enormous amounts of junk. Me I agree with spikey find something more useful to do with your time.

Kindly a interesting Link but I wont be playing Noldi

Forum Editor 10:59 05 Nov 06

is indeed childish, and to my mind it's almost as bad as the problem it purports to address.

This attitude that people should seek revenge when they receive a scam email, or some spam, is worrying, and indicative of the way lots of people seem to think nowadays - "Somebody's done something annoying to me, so I'm going to make them pay".

There are better ways to spend your time, and spikeychris provides one excellent solution.

kindly 18:21 05 Nov 06

I totally agree with what you are all saying and I would not expect anyone who knows about these things to start and try to scambait. As you will be aware though, all people are not as educated as we are on the finer points of these emails. What I really wanted to do was to point anyone who thinks they can outwit these scammers in the right direction and hopefully see how hard and dangerous it would be if they go blindly into it.
Sorry if I gave you the impression of saying go do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…