Email from Lloyds

pj123 12:39 27 Jan 07

Just received an email from LloydsTBS (notice TBS and not TSB)

"Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the Lloyds TSB Online Banking
account we have issued this warning message
Lloyds TSB Internet Banking, is here by announcing the New Security Upgrade
in this year 2007,We've upgraded our new SSL servers to serve our customers for a better and
secure banking service,against any fraudulent activities. Due to this recent upgrade,
you are requested to update your account information by
following the reference below."

Needless to say, I have deleted it.

Bingalau 12:54 27 Jan 07

pj123. I'm with Lloydstsb and have had nothing from them, so it is a scam without doubt. ..Bingalau..

HondaMan 13:10 27 Jan 07

wrote to me using English like that, I'd change banks.

This is without doubt a scam, but I suggest you report it to LloydsTSB asap. It may, afterall protect a less vigilant customer.

spuds 13:10 27 Jan 07

Spam purporting to be from Barclays arrive virtually every other day in my mailbox, and as done so for months. As the BBC Daleks state-- Destroy ;o)

Bingalau 13:20 27 Jan 07

Honda Man; Spuds; pj123. I've already copied it an sent it to Lloydstsb. Just to be on the safe side and to alert them to yet another one. ..Bingalau..

Mr Mistoffelees 13:23 27 Jan 07

I've been using online banking, with Lloyds TSB, for a few years now. Any warning/security messages appear, on the website, during the logging-in process, they never send email.

p;3 13:44 27 Jan 07

if they wish you to update anything it should be within the secure padlocked site ; NOT via an apparent mail from 'them'

SANTOS7 13:49 27 Jan 07

I got an Email from Barclays a couple of weeks ago with reference to my credit card, GOOD job i've NEVER had one!!!

sent all revelant info to Barclays online fraud dept .

blanco 18:01 27 Jan 07

Lloyds TSB do send emails but, as part of their security system, they always address you by name and quote the last few digits of your account number.

p;3 18:11 27 Jan 07

since when DO LloydsTSB send mails? are you 100% sure it is from them?

PaulB2005 18:14 27 Jan 07

Personally i don't trust ANY e-mails or phone calls from the bank. If it's importnant they can write to me and i'll go to a branch to confirm what's been said.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009