EMAIL ADDRESSES IS A SHORT ONE BEST ?

gel 12:10 28 Feb 06

Hello
I am going to create a new Email address and part of it will be of my choosing.
If I choose a short email address that is easy to remember and simple to use are there any security risks?
gel

wiz-king 13:26 28 Feb 06

Try and make it unusual by putting a few less frequently used letters in it and a couple of numbers. Best of all use a separate address for filling in web forms then get a good spam filter!

octal 13:46 28 Feb 06

In answer to your question, no, it doesn't matter about the email address, the only security risk is you opening an email you shouldn't and get infected.

I've got several email addresses, both long and sort prefixes with easy to remember names and the only one that attracts any spam of any sort is my Yahoo account and that is an alpha numeric address, but the spammers still find it. So I don't think it makes any difference.

gel 14:25 28 Feb 06

Thank you very much for your replies which I found very useful and I will proceed as you suggest.
Cheers
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…