Elton John on ITV.

wmoore 10:05 01 Jan 09

Did anyone watch the Elton John concert on the TV last night ? Did you notice he was slurring his words on 'Candle in the wind' he didn't seem to be with it at times.

Comments.

Clapton is God 10:08 01 Jan 09

"he didn't seem to be with it at times"

And you've only just noticed??

Forum Editor 10:11 01 Jan 09

a trillion times, and is probably heartily sick of it by now. I watched him sing the song, and though t that his voice is beginning to reflect the fact that he's in his sixties, and has burned his personal candle at both ends for decades.

wmoore 10:31 01 Jan 09

And you've only just noticed??

I must admit I haven't seem him perform in a long time, I think forum editor is right about burning his candle at both ends.

newman35 11:01 01 Jan 09

" .about burning his candle at both ends.."

Too much information for New Year's morning. (;-)

Legolas 11:54 01 Jan 09

LOL

Stuartli 11:56 01 Jan 09

Only ITV would cut Elton off to carry advertisements just as he started a number and then rejoin half-way through the song.

I got so cheesed off with the coverage that I gave up in disgust to watch the end of Jools Holland's annual knees-up.

Al94 11:57 01 Jan 09

He was never a great singer but a fantastic showman. I thought he looked relaxed and enjoying himself. Quite a few bum notes though!

Stuartli 11:59 01 Jan 09

I also thought that Elton's voice is beginning to reflect his age, but probably not surprising in view of the fact he's a rock singer and undertakes dozens of concerts each year.

Didn't stop the great Frank Sinatra enjoying so many comebacks though despite his long years in show business.

Al94 12:03 01 Jan 09

I missed part of it as we turned over to watch the London fireworks on BBC1 - one of the most spectacular displays I have ever seen.

jakimo 12:35 01 Jan 09

Smooth radio played a recording of "candle" this morning, what a difference to what I heard last night,is it time he hung up his stirrup,and took up fishing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…