Electoral Roll for free?

Cara2 17:29 05 Feb 09

I seem to recall a website giving access to the Electoral Roll but can no longer find it.

Can anybody direct me to a similar website please?

Thanks
Cara

tullie 18:18 05 Feb 09

A simple Google search will find it.

Cara2 18:35 05 Feb 09

Done a simple google search. The ones that I have come up with are not free, but need credits.

tullie 18:54 05 Feb 09

This one no good?
click here

Cara2 19:32 05 Feb 09

First one I tried.

Filled in my details to register. Managed to get the correct person (even gave an age range) But to get the address itself, you appear to need to pay for credits.

I only want to send a birthday card!

tullie 19:59 05 Feb 09

If you know them well enough to send a card i would be asking them.

peter99co 20:19 05 Feb 09

I used BT to search for an address of a friend and chose Residential Name. It searched for the surname and gave the address and phone number.

click here

Cara2 21:48 05 Feb 09

Course I know I can ask my friend. (its just the house no. I am not sure of), but it rather spoils the surprise. In addition to which, if I wanted to I could just put the card through the letterbox.

But I am also trying to prove a point to my sister who reckons you can't get this info for free. But its no big deal. Just thought I would enquire here thats all.

Peter99co, my friend is ex-directory. But thanks anyway.

spuds 23:07 05 Feb 09

There are two forms of electoral registers. Ones available for commercial use the other one isn't, so you might have a problem finding out what you want, if the person as 'opt-out'.

You could try your local library or council office (who should have a copy of the latest roll), if you live in the same district!.

Any of the main credit agencies also provide a service, but in most cases, there would be a fee.

BT 07:56 06 Feb 09

You can find just about anybody on here
click here

I think you can only search for a limited number each day but I,ve found quite a few peoples addresses via this site

Cara2 13:31 06 Feb 09

192.com - I tried that one, but I understood you have to pay for credits? Have I misunderstood?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…