Eduardo Da Silva

Scorpion Bay 21:45 24 Feb 08

Thought I would start this thread off as I believe there can never be enough get well soon messages for this great player.

Eduardo, I hope you recover as soon as possible from this horrendous injury and get back to lading the Arsenal front line, where you belong.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:17 24 Feb 08

I'm sure at £100k/week he will be cheered by your fawning.

G

mrwoowoo 23:30 24 Feb 08

Actually the top earner at Arsenal is Gallas on £80,000.
So,two resons for Eduardo to feel glum.
Shame though as i feel he is the most talented striker they have.As for Adeboyer,what a big head.

georgemac © 08:18 25 Feb 08

Really Gandalf, what he earns has nothing to do with it. It will be much less than you quoted anyway.

He is an extremely talented young footballer whose career is now threatened by a horrendous injury, at no fault of his own, and in my opinion there was no intent to injure when the tackle was made - something like this can happen anytime in a match.

I too hope he can make a full recovery from this and continue his career.

laurie53 09:02 25 Feb 08

Who?

interzone55 09:06 25 Feb 08

Arsenal striker who's leg was badly broken on Saturday during a match against Birmingham City.

GANDALF <|:-)>

Absolutely no need for comments like that, the man's leg was smashed, his career could be over and not every footballer is bright enough to do much else afterwards (cf Paul Gascoigne)

Bingalau 09:56 25 Feb 08

Maybe they could think about taking out some sort of insurance policy against these kind of happenings? If they haven't done so they must be thicker than double cream.

They also have the PFA to advise them and look after their every need. I hope they are looking after that Gascoine fella?

Hamburglar 10:27 25 Feb 08

christ alive Gandalf you really are special aren't you? The next time one of your limbs gets shattered I'll be sure to make a snarky, envious and utterly irrelevant comment about your salary/eyes raise

bremner 11:21 25 Feb 08

Rest assured Arsenal will have the player heavily insured.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:55 25 Feb 08

Indeed I must be rather special but I prefer to call it realistic. He is in a better position than most of the country to be financially secure after the accident. I notice that when workers in industry, who work much harder for much less, than our pampered, overpaid, and fawningly supported/revered footballers, are injured badly there is not a rash of the forum users sending them their undying sympathy. Hate to be cynical but it is easy at times.
Agreed, it must be difficult for him but he will not have to worry about money.

G

donki 12:27 25 Feb 08

If G wants to be cynical thats his own descision, but do feel for the guy. Not all footballers are money grabbing merc's. This guys career as a footballer is most likely over, and if its not he will not be the talent he was, also he will probably miss out on representing his country in Europeon Cup.

Unfortunatly football is a sport which this kind of thing can happen. The only surprise to me is that these kind of horrific injuries arent more comman place, especially in the EPL where the game is played at the highest tempo. Taylor (who caused the injury) misstimed his tackle by maybe only a few seconds and Im sure he is feeling awful.

As a spurs fan I wish him a speedy recovery.

P.S. hard luck the chealski!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017