Editing posts.........

Storik 20:22 12 Dec 05

I've made rather a hash of my thread in Consumer Watch and wish there were facilitites on this site to edit a posting. Are there? Could there be?

Storic

Totally-braindead 20:30 12 Dec 05

There are no such facilities and I don't think they would want people to be able to alter what they have said as it would be even more confusing.

stalion 20:51 12 Dec 05

just tick it as resolved and start again

octal 21:14 12 Dec 05

I had a look in Consumer Watch forum and if its the thread about your credit card, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Why not go back to the thread and explain if you've made a hash of it, there's no need to be embarrassed, people are very sensible on this site and will understand.

I wish I had a penny for everytime I've made a hash of a posting or reply, I'd be rich! I usually treat it as a joke and forget about it.

VoG II 21:34 12 Dec 05

We've been told in the past that it is impractical on a site this sixe. Follow stalion's advice.

Storik 22:38 12 Dec 05

I'm just in a pickle at the moment and it would seem, have no recourse against the firm involved, thus the thread was a bit muddled. Sorry.

Thanks for your replies.

Storic

Forum Editor 23:02 12 Dec 05

if you've made a bad start with a thread, and ask me to delete it. Then you can start again. We've all done it, and everyone understands.

We're not going to introduce edit facilities - many people write into a word processor, and when they're happy they paste the text into the forum.

jack 08:30 13 Dec 05

We all do it, my reputation for typos is legend.
I did it yesterday, where I told some one to do something when I meant 'do not do it.'

A simple post to correct with perhaps an OOPs sorry
maintains the continuity.
Perhaps better than ticking resolved and starting afresh, with the chance it will be taken as a duplicate string.

jack 08:31 13 Dec 05

We all do it, my reputation for typos is legend.
I did it yesterday, where I told some one to do something when I meant 'do not do it.'

A simple post to correct with perhaps an OOPs sorry
maintains the continuity.
Perhaps better than ticking resolved and starting afresh, with the chance it will be taken as a duplicate string.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…