Editing Facilities

Bing.alau 20:34 PM 23 Jul 12

Anybody know why I get editing facilities on the beginner's tech forum, but can't get them on this one?

lotvic 22:34 PM 23 Jul 12

editing facilities? I can't see any on my posts on Beginners or any other, I thought pca decided on a No for editing?

Matt Egan 08:33 AM 24 Jul 12

What do you mean by 'editing facilities' Bing.alau? You shouldn't have them anywhere!

Bing.alau 09:16 AM 24 Jul 12

I mean being able to use "Italics" or "Bold" to emphasise the text. Which to me, is a form of editing.

Yesterday, on the "Beginners' Tech" forum the ability to do so was there, but I hadn't been able to use it on this forum.

Incidentally, I have just been on the Beginners' Tech forum again and it has disappeared from there too. Probably something to do with my computer.

lotvic 10:16 AM 24 Jul 12

All present and correct on mine, on all forums. (touch wood)

Nontek 12:31 PM 24 Jul 12

Ditto lotvic!

Matt Egan 15:19 PM 24 Jul 12

Ah. You should be able to use those on every forum. If you can't see them your browser may require a javascript update (or just a restart).

Kevscar1 15:30 PM 24 Jul 12

Matt Please allow us to edit our posts. Becaujse of my condition I have a lot of brain problems, wrong words, words spelt the wrong way or woth letters misiing and motor control.

It's humiliating when I ook at how some of my posts have come out even thought Ive checked them

bremner 15:53 PM 24 Jul 12

Unfortunately editing would create a nightmare, as continuity of posts would be lost, so please don't consider it.

We can easy accommodate Kevscar with a little patience and understanding.

morddwyd 20:12 PM 24 Jul 12

"If you can't see them your browser may require a javascript update (or just a restart)."

Or you may be using some of the accessibility options provided by your browser.

Aitchbee 20:36 PM 24 Jul 12

I think, a user-friendly prompt along the lines of..."Please review and edit any unforseen spelling mistakes before hitting the POST button."... might help...'cos we all make silly mistakes...that cause a certain degree of embarrassment after that...' point-of-no-return ' moment of posting.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites