EDF advice please

iqs 18:06 PM 02 Oct 13

Hello. I'm looking for some advice/help in regards to my mothers EDF direct debit bill.hopefully this is the correct forum ? Two years ago,my late father set up the direct debit. Each month since them £75 pound has been deducted ,totalling £1800 My mother has a electric meter,with a pay as yup go key,so the £75 each month is just for the gas.

I phoned EDF ,they said its correct . I questioned this amount ,it seemed a lot for an elderly widow who just uses the gas for the gas central heating . Plus she has an electric oven . I said,the amount was the same for when the heating was on in the winter ,and when I switched the heating off during the summer . This made no sense to me . That's when I was told she owes them nearly £6 ???

They offered to test the meter,but if it's not faulty ,they will charge £35

I would like to know how I can verify if this is correct . Currently I have to take their word for it that the bills are right. Is there an independent body I can contact to gain assistance with this issue .

I cancelled the direct debit ,and set up quarterly payments

Please any help is appreciated

Thank you

lotvic 22:51 PM 02 Oct 13

This is a duplicate, waiting to be closed ;-)

FE has moved other proper Thread and responses to Tech- Consumer forum click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites