Eddie Stobart dies (Transport)

Uboat 14:11 31 Mar 11

56 years old.?..god bless him! he was a very nice man ive heard?

click here

Forum Editor 14:24 31 Mar 11

and an example to others of how hard work and an astute sense of good business management can take a pretty ordinary company and elevate it to the very top of the tree in its field. He knew what his customers wanted, and he set about providing it with bells on.

I think he probably paid the price for all his hard work by damaging his health - an all too often occurrence with high-fliers.

Uboat 14:36 31 Mar 11

FE well worded! yes maybe he had just worked so hard it come back to him in the end? he was an inspiration to us all! i love to see the stobart trucks they are so clean so well maintained & the drivers are very well dressed image is a lot in the world of business & Eddie sure took all that on board...56 years old is still young!

spider9 15:09 31 Mar 11

Yes, I well remember driving down to London,with the family, years ago, and passing the time truck-spotting. At the time Terry Wogan was making Eddie Stobart 'famous' on his morning programme.
Norbert Dentressangel lorries got in the act as well, I recall.

Al94 15:37 31 Mar 11

The company bore his father's name and was taken over by Edward Jnr's brother William of W A Developments International Ltd in 2004 after Edward Jnr stood down in 2003.

Forum Editor 16:53 31 Mar 11

they are so clean so well maintained & the drivers are very well dressed"

One of my brothers is in the food business, and his warehouse manager says there's a woman who regularly delivers dairy products in a refrigerated Stobart truck. He says she's the most polite,helpful driver that comes to them, and she's very proud of her truck.

That is an example of the company ethos at work, and it's what has helped drive them to the top.

al's left peg 09:25 01 Apr 11

There was even a show on the telly about the firm following the everday lives of the drivers and the business in general.

I spoke to one of the drivers in Preston a couple of years back whilst I was delivering down there. He was proud of his Scania truck and in general said they were a good firm to work for. He said the only problem he had with the job was the amount of time he "lived" in his cab. He said he was in the truck for on average 5 and a half days a week without seeing his wife and kids.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…