Ebuyer, victim of it's own success?

pj123 13:19 29 Sep 05

I have ordered lots of things from ebuyer in the past with no problems. Yesterday I ordered and got a delivery date of Tuesday 4th October. But I couldn't get a printout. So today, I tried to trace my order and got: "You have no outstanding orders" (or words to that effect).

Now I notice on the ebuyer website "Contact Us" page the longest wait for a telephone enquiry is 20mins 44secs, average 8' 55". But, even worse, is if you send an eNote they have a 7 day minimum response?

So, at the moment, I don't know if my order is valid or not. They only had 2 in stock, so if I wait until next Tuesday and it doesn't arrive, where do I stand?

octal 13:38 29 Sep 05

Why not wait until the 4th October? Its only next week. If you paid by credit card, companies don't actually charge your card until the goods are on the way. After that time you could check with your credit card company if any charges have been made which will give an indication the goods are on the way, it might be easier contacting the card company rather than Ebuyer.

Just a thought.

pj123 14:39 29 Sep 05

octal, yes I can wait until then. My account with Ebuyer is on my Debit Card, not Credit card.

Just checked with Ebuyer again and get: "You have no open orders".

According to their Telephone/enote response times there doesn't seem to be any option other than to wait until next Tuesday. But it would be nice to know whether I have orderded or not.

bosmere 15:03 29 Sep 05

octal if pj123s order hasn't activated and he waits until next week the two items in stock may have gone to other people.

Sorry pj123 I haven't got any suggestions other than try phoning early in the morning - there may be a shorter waiting time.

If your main concern is having parted with the money nothing turns up then obviously you would be due a refund (keep an eye on your bank statement - easy if you have an on-line bank account).

LastChip 22:54 29 Sep 05

Send an eNote.

In reality, my experience is they turn them around in less than 24 hours.

I had a similar situation to you and it was resolved in a matter of hours.

pj123 11:08 30 Sep 05

Thanks Guys. Sorted now. All my fault. I thought I had completed the order but I failed to tick a mandatory box. "I agree to the Terms and Conditions etc."

I also keep getting an error message something about my browser doesn't support CSS? and I should upgrade to IE6. Well I am running IE6. So I am not sure what that means?

Stuartli 22:03 30 Sep 05

Probaby something to do with this:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now