e.bay conmen

Old Shep 10:11 07 Jul 04

I have never been tempted to buy anything off e.bay as you do not know who you are dealing with or once you part with your money will you get the goods - call me old fashioned. However I do occassionally look at their site and the other day looked at the fishing tackle section. There was a tackle box with all the usual goodies and a present bid of £14. When I looked at the picture of it I realised it was exactly the same tackle box being sold in Lidl for £5.99. Are there mugs out there or what!!!!

golfpro 10:23 07 Jul 04

From one fisherman to another YEP!

Old Shep 10:43 07 Jul 04

Thought I would nip down to Lidl,clear them out and make a profit on e.bay but someone beat me to it. Tight Lines.

golfpro 11:05 07 Jul 04

I went to the Lidl shop on the day the fishing gear was on offer just one hour after the shop had opened, and yes you guessed it, everything was gone. But every cloud has a silver lining as they say, the next day I sold a couple of my old rods in the paper.

€dstowe 13:28 07 Jul 04

An acquaintance of mine makes quite a reasonable extra income from deals on e-bay.

He buys stuff in his local pound shop and then sells that on e-bay either for a fixed price or by auction (I don't know the details of how e-bay works).

A few weeks ago he bought the pound store's whole stock of universal TV remote controllers (200 of them) - for a pound each (obviously) and then sold them at £10 each + post and packing. Nice £1,800 profit for almost no effort on his part and they were all gone within a week.

spuds 13:57 07 Jul 04

Recently the national media have been doing articles on the various people dealing on ebay.It is suprising how many people use the Pound Shop method, and make a very good living via ebay. Simple advert,watch the internet bids, then just sit back waiting for the money to roll in.

deke 14:55 07 Jul 04

You missed out on a great bargin the 3Kg nylon line is fantastic for fishing buzzers and dries

: )

><<<<\'>

Old Shep 15:03 07 Jul 04

I think I miss out on everything but that,s life. Must go I'm off down the £1 shop.

deke 15:07 07 Jul 04

You dont follow the flock then ??

: )

Bandy 17:34 07 Jul 04

I have used ebay to purchase quite a lot of items, all at excellent prices, and in more than a year have only ever had one small problem.

I am, however, constantly amazed at the prices some people will pay for second hand equipment - often well over the "new" price. I seriously believe either that many are gripped by auction fever, or have absolutely no idea of the value of a product before starting to bid.

It doesn't mean the system is wrong, merely that people should bid with their eyes open and wallets closed.

Some-Guy 21:11 07 Jul 04

That's the great thing about e-bay, You can sell things all around the world to people and make much more money than you would just selling it locally. It's just life that many people are too lazy to go down to their local store and see if it's any cheaper than the one on ebay. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…