Ebay and the change in listings policy.

Totally-braindead 16:46 22 Feb 08

I find this rather annoying. I've got maybe 30 or so original PC games I want to get rid of including some of the latest ones and I can't list them. Ebay won't let me. Why you might ask?

Because you have to include PayPal as a payment option and I wanted just cheques or Postal Orders.

Now they have said its to help prevent fraud presumably because theres a lot of copied software out there but is that the only reason? Could Ebay owning PayPal and thus getting there income have anything to with it?

Or am I being too cynical?

Suppose I'll have to advertise them in the paper now as I refuse to use PayPal after getting bitten a couple of times.

Quickbeam 16:49 22 Feb 08

They still exist...?

VNAM75 16:50 22 Feb 08

TB, what were your bad experience with paypal? I've only recently signed up on ebay and have a sellers account linked to paypal but have not used it yet.

lisa02 16:56 22 Feb 08

TB I have also had my fill of ebay. I sold about £200 worth of games for less than a quarter of the price just for convenience to one person.

ebay is too much effort and hassle IMO.

PS. Any racing or pool games in the collection you have?

Blackhat 17:02 22 Feb 08

Totally-braindead. There are pro’s and con’s regarding Paypal. My experience as a seller is that I would loose about 90% of my sales if I rejected paypal. Cash/postal order is still an option, I use Turbo Lister and can still choose payment options. I only accept Paypal from overseas buyers and the protection works for both buyer and seller.

Totally-braindead 17:12 22 Feb 08

My bad experiences were both some time ago and with small amounts, less than £20 each and Paypal at the time just wasn't interested I think if it was above a certain amount they would refund at least part of the money but as I say it was low amounts. Perhaps they've changed now.

Anyway I was rather annoyed, just listed a joystick and gamepad no probs and listed a game next and then it popped up that due to the number of complaints they receive about software you had to include Paypal, no Paypal and they wouldn't accept a listing.

lisa02 no pool and the only racing games are Need For Speed Underground 2 and Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Think what I might do is list the games and see if any mates want some of them.

Anyone know if Paypal have changed there policy on the cover if someone does try and rip you off?

spuds 17:19 22 Feb 08

There was a program on television the other evening, and it involved eBay and how they were being targeted with counterfeit goods at an alarming level. eBay and certain manufacturers in conjunction with the authorities are heavily involved with combating the situation.

I was involved a few weeks ago with a Power Seller, and he was having problems taking direct PayPal payments via eBay Pay Now procedures. Eventually it was all sorted out, but it was a right headache while the problem was evident.

mrwoowoo 18:29 22 Feb 08

Used pay pal for years on ebay with no trouble at all.
Afew years ago i bought a motherboard and cpu for £120.00.To cut along story short,it never arrived and the seller was rather rude even though i paid instantly.
Pay pal got me all of my money back and ebay removed the tit for tat negative feedback he left.If i had paid by postal order or cheque i'm not sure that i would have recovered my money or what course of action i could take.
Pay pal does seem a safer option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac