eat drink and be merry for tomorrow!!!!!!

lofty29 17:37 20 Apr 09

click here
Forget about the recession, climate change, ETC, here comes another scary story.

jack 17:50 20 Apr 09

Solar flares knocking out Comms and power grids has happened in the past on a local scale and were quite big in Canada not so many years ago.
2012 strangely enough seems to figure as a doomsday scenario in many ancient scripts across the world.
Just after the Olympics too
Why do we bovver?

Forum Editor 17:54 20 Apr 09

That's an eternity away. Let's worry about things that are actually happening, rather than something that might possibly happen, but probably won't.

Feel free to rub my nose in this post, come 2012 when the Solar super flare hits. Come to think of it you won't be able to rub my nose in anything, because the internet will be down, and we'll all be lighting candles and gathering around the piano for a sing-song in the evenings.

jack 18:41 20 Apr 09

36 months,one election, one Olympics,
Just coming out of the worst recession ever!
Just one darn thing after another.

Forum Editor 18:58 20 Apr 09

Well now, let's see.....

Between 1989 and 1992 there were 600,000 homes repossessed, interest rates soared to more than 15% and unemployed doubled.

In 1991 there were 2.6 million people out of work, and the economy shrank by 0.4% in three years. The divorce rate rose sharply, and lots of people were selling their houses at a loss. Ordinary families were being hit hard as Britain plunged into the 'bust' part of the notorious 'boom and bust' years.

People who were children then have grown into adulthood never knowing what a recession is like, and they're shocked by it. The truth is our country has been in major recession five times in the last 80 years, and we've survived.

sunnystaines 20:09 20 Apr 09

with warning the power grid can be shut down for couple days till it passes.

3 days of chaos better than long term chaos

Bingalau 20:14 20 Apr 09

FE. Blimey have I lived through all five of them?

canarieslover 20:15 20 Apr 09

Sounds like real 'Global Warming'. That should give the politicians real scope for additional taxes. Must build up a stack of cash to pay their expenses when no-one else is able to work and support them.

Grey Goo 20:43 20 Apr 09

I suppose a large magnetic pulse did not have the same effect in 1859 as it may have in 20 whatever. Homing Pigeons probably lost their bearings for a while.

newman35 07:04 21 Apr 09

So the sun is dimming as well, it seems.

click here

wee eddie 14:19 21 Apr 09

There's one flaw in your argument.

Electronic devices do not have to be turned on to be affected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…