Easyjet paint job

peter99co 17:48 13 Feb 11

click here

The amount of polymer needed adds just 4oz (113g) to the overall weight of each jet.

I wonder if it works on a car?

Noldi 19:45 13 Feb 11

F1 have used this paint for quite a while now.

Noldi

Bingalau 19:49 13 Feb 11

I wonder would it stop barnacles forming on ship's hulls?

Forum Editor 00:20 14 Feb 11

of how innovation can drive a business forward. I wish Easyjet every success with it.

Forum Editor 00:26 14 Feb 11

American researchers have developed a coating that can be applied to ships to protect them from barnacles.

The coating forms millions of tiny wrinkles on the ship's hull, and the wrinkles prevent the barnacles from adhering properly. Trials have shown treated ships to be free of barnacles after two years, whereas an untreated ship can have barnacle growth after just a couple of months.

Strawballs 00:45 14 Feb 11

We used a special paint on the hull of a trial vessel we built once that was so slippery that on the day of the launch after all the supports were removed and it was sat solely on the launch cradle we had to hurry up all the speaches and tell them to get on with it because the ship was slipping in the cradle.

Strawballs 00:47 14 Feb 11

This is it click here

Forum Editor 01:13 14 Feb 11

Did it work, this paint?

Bingalau 08:37 14 Feb 11

FE.... Yes I knew about that paint, but this Easy Jet one seems to have no wrinkles. (I wonder if it's all the wrinkles on me that stops me moving about as freely as I used to?)

onthelimit 08:57 14 Feb 11

At least barnacles won't settle on your face!

Strawballs 19:54 14 Feb 11

As far as I'm aware it worked but we did not have much to do with the ship after it was handed over because it was a prototype being evaluated by Qinetiq and I do believe the US navy had it for a while.
It had underwater cameras and sensors to monitor the deflection of the outriggers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017