interzone55 14:29 26 Feb 08

This makes you feel very small

click here

Totally-braindead 14:43 26 Feb 08

I see what you mean.

tullie 15:36 26 Feb 08

That lots been with us for many millions of years,have you just noticed,lol

TopCat® 16:07 26 Feb 08

I reckon this proves that size does mean everything! What a gas! :o) TC.

Blackhat 17:59 26 Feb 08

For an even bigger picture this little animation starts in our own galaxy. Click on the title at the top of the page for the film.
click here

Forum Editor 18:20 26 Feb 08

Our planet is indeed infinitesimally small in relation to the overall size of our galaxy, and our galaxy is only one among billions of others.

All of which makes you realise just how daft it is to believe that alien spacecraft from another galaxy have been visiting us for decades, or even centuries.

It's sometimes hard to accept that we're alone in the vastness of space, (and perhaps we're not, if you consider the chances of life existing somewhere else far out in the universe), but the fact is that for all intents and purposes we can forget about having a chat with an alien culture.

interzone55 21:37 26 Feb 08

They may have been with you for millions of years, but I've not been around for quite that long...

Earthsea 23:38 26 Feb 08

Enjoyed both links and it certainly does put things into perspective. For Blackhat's link I highly recommend listening to Holst's Mars (from the Planet Suite) or the Star Wars Imperial March.

As Douglas Adams once said, "Space is big - really big - you just won't believe how vastly, hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."

DANZIG 00:43 27 Feb 08

Makes you think!

egapup 08:26 27 Feb 08

FE your as bad as the people who believed the Earth was flat and the centre of universe.

Quickbeam 09:11 27 Feb 08

I agree, I don't believe for a minute there is no other life out there... somewhere.

Of course that doesn't mean it's anymore civilised than our Jurassic era was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…