Earhquake in Kent

Colin 10:19 28 Apr 07

I suppose the tree huggers will blame that on global warming.

spuds 11:38 28 Apr 07

Apparently, we get this on a regular scale in the UK, but the earth tremors are hardly noticeable.

In the Peak District, you get the occasional old mine collapse, and people living local think nothing of it. Tourist's usually consider that the noise is the beginning of a major disaster!.

johndrew 11:59 28 Apr 07

`Earhquake ..`

Not really a quake; more of a tremor. I do agree that even a small tremor can cause strange effects as it is difficult to determine what is moving and in which direction.

As for it being global warming, I think we should be grateful it wasn`t the Chunnel collapsing!!!!

rodriguez 12:08 28 Apr 07

I remember the earthquake in Dudley a few years ago. I only live about 4 mile away from there and it was quite violent. Also in the early hours of the morning so it woke everyone up. There were loads of old mine works around here years ago and my road is built on one. They had to be careful where they put the houses because of the shafts and the house over the road has a massive garden that stretches back round to the front (in the gap where there should be a house) because there's a shaft under it and it wasn't safe to build on it. Occasionally they get it wrong, and a few years ago a house not far from me actually collapsed down a mine shaft when it opened up under it.

big bloke66 12:14 28 Apr 07

The minor quake was in the Dover/Folkstone area, i was working about 25 miles away and didnt feel a thing !

Jackcoms 12:15 28 Apr 07

Oh, go on then, I'll ask the obvious question of members in Kent.

Did the earth move for you?

p;3 12:19 28 Apr 07

ho..hum...wonder if the new server is based down there??::))))

big bloke66 14:59 28 Apr 07

Not for a long while. :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now