e-mails from Malaysia to btinternet customers

Catzpaw 03:43 22 Dec 04

Hi
I live in Penang Malaysia and communicate regularly by e-mail to friends and family. I do have a problem sending them to 'btinternet' customers though as they don't receive them. All other ISP's are OK. Are bt filtering out e-mails from this country. Any ideas anyone.
Have a nice Christmas
Catzpaw

Forum Editor 07:30 22 Dec 04

BT may have identified your ISP as a source of spam. This isn't a new problem - several people I know have encountered the same thing. Do you have (or could you obtain) an alternative email address - maybe that's the way around the problem?

Gaz 25 20:11 22 Dec 04

Get a hotmail or gmail or something, that would solve your problem.

mbp 20:10 23 Dec 04

Catspaw: BT, BT-BB,and BTYahooBB, have tightened their Security considerably in the past few months. Added to this has been the introduction of WinXP-SP2 with more security. I have noticed the Malaysian/Singapore Internet users are very fond of sending lots of Internet Jokes. Some are very long, some have illustrations(which has to be configured to allow), and email clients like Hotmail have a very small mail box. There is also a lot of chain mail coming out of that region. Also the format used may be a factor with security. I suppose if anyone here not wanting some of those jokes, reports it as Spam, it could get blocked. There could be so many reasons. I have had no problems communicating with or receiving email from SEAsia.

Kate B 20:44 23 Dec 04

Catzpaw, but hey, you live in a fantastic place! Penang is one of my favourite places I've ever visited: I love Georgetown. Does that make up for having some emails blocked?

Bapou 00:03 24 Dec 04

Possibly Malaysia is not alone. Since going on to Broadband and a BTInternet address my personal mail from Canada was diverted by the Spam filter to a Bulk folder.

All that's necessary is a click on 'Not Spam' in the bulk folder for the genuine mail when received. This clears up the situation for the future,that's if your recipients take the time to check.

mbp 14:29 24 Dec 04

Catzpaw: The fault lies with your receipient. They have to configure their settings.

(1) In Outlook Express Your receipient has to go to Tools>Options>Security and Select the Internet Zone. Also UnTick the box "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be a potential virus. Then Untick "Block images and other external content in HTML email.

(2) Still in OE, Tools>Message Rules>Block Senders list>Remove your email address if it is found there.
[I found an address there that should not have been there and I did not do it.] If you are already blocked, try their alternate email address or you will have to snail mail them.

If they are using Thunderbird, as many are these days, they will have to Untick "Block loading of remote images in email messages."

You are so lucky to be enjoying the ambience of Penang. We are in the middle of winter here. Hope it will forever remain that beautiful peaceful island in the sun.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:33 25 Dec 04

click here ... 2004/GSR04/documents/NurAbdullah.pdf

click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:41 25 Dec 04

First link should be-
click here

mbp 19:23 26 Dec 04

JaBisFaB: Very interesting links. What stands out is that for a tiny country, Malaysia produces a relatively great percentage of Spam. Why? There are so many ways to absorb the energies of internet users that they do not need to resort to unprofitable pastimes.

kev.Ifty 22:41 26 Dec 04

I sincerely hope your lack of reply is not an indication as to your involvement in the horrific disaster out there.

My, and i am sure every bodies, thoughts are with you and the people that live in this region!

It is a little trivial but if you would like a gmail invite contact me via my yellow envelope.

God Bless you all!

Kev.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…