E- mail

Buchan 35 21:41 01 Feb 05

How many people on this forum use OE or their own Internet Provider? I use my ISP, probably because of all the old stories about OE being vulnerable to attack, but more likely to fear that that is true.

octal 22:11 01 Feb 05

Do you mean using web mail rather than using OE?

A lot of people use Thunderbird as a alternative to OE because of the greater security. I personally use Linux and Thunderbird for my emails, so I don't get the security problems Windows users are bugged with.

Charence 18:56 02 Feb 05

I use Web Mail, not my ISP or OE or Outlook or T-Bird. I realised using OE was unsafe because it downloaded my E-mails and blocked out many attachments that didn't want blocking and showed me spam which I didn't want to open.

Newbolt 20:08 02 Feb 05

I use both ISP and OE, quite often in that order. If any virus or other dross gets through, it seems easier to get rid of it via the ISP, as OE sometimes locks up when a virus vehicle arrives.

Andybear 18:26 04 Feb 05

I use OE but use Mailwasher first to check my emails and then download the ones I want.

david.h 18:30 04 Feb 05

I use outlook in office xp, and gmail do not like the web based mail and prefer outlook, never used outlook express or thunderbird.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…