dvd writers

fitcher 13:12 29 Dec 05

do you think that with the new blue ray dvd high deffinition dvd writers coming out this comming year, the present dvd writers are going to fall in price like the cd writers have done .. are we going to start throwning away our present ones again ...talk about a throw away society

spuds 13:21 29 Dec 05

Remember Betamax and the Philips invention. What's this years 'must have, its the best' is next years museum piece ;o)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:10 29 Dec 05

A £30 for a dual layer DVD writer, if I get six months out of it efore upgrading to a Blueray I will be quite happy.

Never buy a NEW gadget,

1. it is usully tempramental

2. expensive will halfthe price in 6 months time

3. probably be superceeded by the next gadget

4. will do more things than you'll never use but no do what yo really need.

Totally-braindead 22:18 29 Dec 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ has summed it up very nicely, no matter how good a new PC item looks there are bound to be glitches, either with the item itself or with the software and of course the price. I wanted a DVD writer when they first came out, waited and got a dual layer one for 25% of the price of the one I had been looking at 6 months before and it is 4 times the speed as well.

pj123 16:10 30 Dec 05

Yes, but there will always be the "I want it now, whatever the price brigade" Which is good for us because the more units sold the cheaper it becomes. I, like Fruit Bat /\0/\ believe that the longer you wait the cheaper it becomes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…