DVD players and playback formats.

jack 12:18 03 May 05

I have been making a family history file from transparancies of the family of a friend, and fram that a slide show.

However having made a CD-R from the slide show maker and test played it on my DVD player,only to discover it will not run on his.
I switched slide shows OK on mine not on his.
I gave him a dicI had made from my own photos.
Worked fine.
His hand book relating to his Bush player lists the same disc Types as on my Phillips.
And I have found that His player will run a disk of JPEG,s only, with its own slide show.

So what I am trying to discover, is there a way
discovering what a particular player will run withough adding to the coaster mountain?

Pooke100 17:39 03 May 05

The only sure way to know if a cd will play on any given dvd player is to try it.
I have a mitsibishi (?spelling?) dvd player and sometimes it won't play a cd I've created with Nero and then there's times it will. Like wise with movies on dvd-r discs I can play some but not all. My dad's dvd player has played everything I have put in it! and it was a fraction of the cost of mine!!

The discs will always play on the computer.

Charence 20:28 03 May 05

What formats does your friend's DVD player support?

I think a CD-R slide show disc would be in VCD format, not all DVD players can play VCD; your friend would need to buy a DVD player which also supports VCD.

Kev.Ifty 22:01 03 May 05

See if this helps

click here

jack 13:59 04 May 05

Thank you all for advice offered so far,
Kev I have seen that list and before and it does give a clue, but with so many brands out there it is a minefield.
I mentioned my fiends machine is a BUSH. Our first TV set was a bush [ 45 years go] and in those days there was indeed a firm called Bush that made TV's and Radios. Nowadays its just a lable.
Our latest vacuum cleaner is called a 'Bush' on the inside back cover of the hand book there is the 'Dirt Devil' logo.
Hmmm perhaps I should reccommend my mate looks for a 'Dirt Devil' DVD player

Pooke100 15:21 04 May 05

It has been said before that the least fussiest of players are the unknown cheaper brands. Usually on the front of the player it'll show a list af formats for example, DVD VCD CDR/RW JPEG is on the front of one of ours. Best bet is to look at the list of formats and get the one with the longest list. For photo slide shows make sure it has VCD or SVCD and CDR/RW on it.

the-emsworth-kid 18:03 04 May 05

Having decided to copy aged vhs tapes to dvd - I've hit a problem - the first tape (and the oldest) that I want to copy has become detached from the 'take-up' spool. Has anybone had any success at re-threading a vhs tape?

the-emsworth-kid 18:07 04 May 05

Not concentrating - have moved the above to Helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…