DVD copy on p.c. skipps need help

mr.max 21:44 12 Jan 06

ok so i got a dvd and then i copyed it to a folder on my desktop and then when i go to wacth it i see the picture freeze but the sound stll going. then a cuople sceonds later a new part of the movie comes an then that frezees, but i can still hear the movie plz help

Totally-braindead 21:55 12 Jan 06

If its a bought DVD and subject to copyright this may be a form of copyprotection to stop it being copied. I must admit I've never thought to try copying the entire DVD on to the hard drive for viewing later. What speed is your computer, what operating system and what program do you use to play DVDs?

mr.max 21:59 12 Jan 06

i dont think it is a form of copyprotection
i have a pretty fast hp media center i use real player and windows media player to watch it

Totally-braindead 22:05 12 Jan 06

I may be wrong here but I didn't think media player or realplayer could play DVDs without a codec which isn't supplied as standard. If you load a dvd up on your DVD rom drive does it play ok?

SG Atlantis® 22:09 12 Jan 06

try k-lite

click here

mr.max 22:24 12 Jan 06

its plays ok on dvds in the dvd rom drive

SG Atlantis® 22:26 12 Jan 06

how did you copy it?

mr.max 22:31 12 Jan 06

i copyed it by copying and pasteing it

SG Atlantis® 22:33 12 Jan 06

I didn't think that worked.

Try copying via nero or the likes and when it asks where to burn it choose your hard disk instead of a dvd drive.

SG Atlantis® 22:35 12 Jan 06

click here

That's useful and free.

mr.max 22:39 12 Jan 06

nero? but heres the thing i dont have the dvd anymore so i have to make this copy work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5