Dueling Banjos

rdave13 17:17 10 Sep 10

Got to give him a hand ;)
click here
Gets faster towards the end.

Quickbeam 17:58 10 Sep 10

That's a swizz, the only banjo in shot is just hangin' on the wall!

john bunyan 18:02 10 Sep 10

Reminds me of that disturbing film, "Deliverance" wuth the original duelling banjos scene

Blackhat 18:07 10 Sep 10

It is one of my favorite films, I am also a banjo player (trad jazz) I assume your 'disturbing' comment refers to the 'squeel like a pig' scene.

john bunyan 18:18 10 Sep 10

Yes, that scene was shocking. I suppose that is a bit chauvinistic, as similar scenes involing male / female violence must be equally disturbing to women.I used to be a regular at 100 Oxford St in Humphrey Lyttleton heyday and others of his time - a great time for trad jazz.As a player, what did you think of the playing in that film?

Blackhat 20:18 10 Sep 10

The playing in that scene is very good considering that the actor playing the banjo could not actually play; a musician was behind him, reaching around and carefully hidden.

The original music was called Feudin' Banjos and the composer successfully sued the film makers for not giving him credit, he later received songwriting credit as well as royalties.

For those not familiar with the clip click here

Bingalau 21:42 10 Sep 10

We actually do a line to the music as well. Great fun as it speeds up. I loved the film too.

Kevscar1 08:49 11 Sep 10

rdave13
not impressed I can do tha and I don't need to use my hands.

Forum Editor 11:27 12 Sep 10

Deliverance was certainly the first film containing Duelling Banjos, but it wasn't written for the film. The first recording was made in 1955, by 'Guitar boogie Smith', who called the tune 'Feuding banjos'.

Forum Editor 11:29 12 Sep 10

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that you got there before me.

Bingalau 13:47 12 Sep 10

My previous contribution was supposed to read "We actually do a line dance to the music as well."

Have we got any other line dancers on this forum besides me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced