Duct tape for all...

Bingalau 09:43 15 Sep 08

Morning All...
How about this site for a laugh then?

click here

johndrew 09:59 15 Sep 08

Good one. I still have no idea how many hours you spend looking for these!!

Bingalau 10:54 15 Sep 08

johndrew. I don't look for them, that one came in a mail from the USA this morning and I know we have had posts about what they call duct tape before, I think we call it masking tape. That's what we used to call it anyway.

interzone55 11:06 15 Sep 08

I have a duct tape wallet, it's incredibly hard wearing and has traveled the world in my back pocket...

Forum Editor 00:18 16 Sep 08

to call the nice nurse and ask for another tablet.

crosstrainer 07:28 16 Sep 08

It's great stuff, very, very strong and versatile...Not sure about actually ,aking things out of it though :))

Superb for many types of repair, and for packaging parcels (takes ages to open one of mine done up with the tape!)

jack 09:24 16 Sep 08

Have occasional supplies of largish rolls at a good price and also aluminium self adhesive foil.
I make sure I have a good stock of both- for all sorts of repairs.
I have only yesterday refurbished a luggage/tool box trolley- had it for maybe 40 years- purchased from a firm called Headquarter and General Supplies sold all sorts of 'stuff' mail order.
It has been hanging on a nail in my shed going rusty and unloved all these years.
No I have a regular use for it-I thought it could do with a tart up. a repaint with Hammerite
The chrome handle had flaked off - so a quick rub down and cover with the aluminium tape has made it better than new.

jack 09:59 16 Sep 08

[IMG]click here[/IMG]
Handle

[IMG]click here[/IMG]
trolly

There it be - reborn

Picklefactory 13:15 16 Sep 08

"had posts about what they call duct tape before, I think we call it masking tape"

Nah! Masking tape is the thin, white, papery sort of stuff that is used for 'masking' around the bits of your car that you don't want to paint, with old copies of the Sun. It's not very sticky, so you don't damage paintwork when peeling it back off.
Duct tape is as sticky as sticky can be, the stuff I've generally seen in the UK is black though, although I assume there would be other colours available.

There, I'm sure you'll all sleep better now that you know those interesting facts............................I'll get my coat.

interzone55 13:32 16 Sep 08

The black stuff used to be known as Gaffer tape, name I suppose for the stage hands who would use it to stick wires down to stage floors...

click here

click here

jack 13:50 16 Sep 08

Brands.
But duct tape primary use is to cover joints in air ducting.
You know those great square/oblong/round section tubes running above false ceilings in offices or naked in ware houses -hence the silver colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…