ams4127 17:45 PM 09 Mar 12
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 PM 09 Mar 12

Forum Editor 18:43 PM 09 Mar 12

It is amazing, but it manages to be slightly tacky at the same time. Perhaps it's the air of conspicuous consumption that pervades the place.

lucky1 19:20 PM 09 Mar 12

Can't download this unfortunately. Get so far then an error message. Using tablet.

ams4127 19:43 PM 09 Mar 12

You may need "Flash". I can't watch it on my iPad.

ams4127 19:44 PM 09 Mar 12

FE. I still want a crack at that golf course!

Woolwell 20:55 PM 09 Mar 12

Amazing views but makes me sure that I don't want to go there.

Flak999 21:12 PM 09 Mar 12

makes me sure that I don't want to go there.

Me to! Who wants to live in a vast dusty arid building site for the next twenty years!

hssutton 22:50 PM 09 Mar 12

I will almost certainly be visiting this year. Looks very good to me.

My youngest has just got back from Dubai and he thinks it's a great place to be. Mind you he turned down the job he was offered.

Condom 23:17 PM 09 Mar 12

It was good to see some aerial views that I hadn't seen before. I have probably landed in Dubai at least 30 times but I think it is the only airport which I have never had to circle waiting for a slot as we always seem to come in first time.

I have only ventured outside the airport on one occasion as I am usually in transit to Thailand but her indoors has spent several weeks there and it does have more than just the city. She had some great nights on safari in the desert and I don't think she ever complained about dust.

morddwyd 06:42 AM 10 Mar 12

Been there, done that, but it was back in the 1950s, when all the buildings were under three stories and all males had to carry a gun or walk in the gutter with the women!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November