A drunken stumble then a shock?

gartoy 18:41 10 Nov 09

To me it appears she is a bit worse for wear & attempts to get back up after she falls, but then lies motionless after touching the rail on the right. Is this what happened?

In any case she is very lucky, well done that driver & those fellow passengers.

click here

octal 20:11 10 Nov 09

Yes that's what happened, the live rail is probably at 600 volts, the insulation on her shoe saved her, one very lucky lady, obviously it was her time for the grim reaper.

That's always a worry of mine travelling on the London Underground every day, I don't think a week goes by when I hear a report of a person under a train.

octal 20:12 10 Nov 09

Of course it should have read- "obviously it was not her time for the grim reaper."

namtas 20:51 10 Nov 09

If this is the Boston Green Line she escaped because it is powered by an overhead electrical wire, instead of an electrified third rail.

octal 06:08 11 Nov 09

I can't see any overhead catenary in the video, only the third rail.

Chris the Ancient 16:23 11 Nov 09

Some states in the USA (well, at least upstate New York) have a live 3rd rail. But... the contact shoe of the train runs along the underside of the 3rd rail - which has an insulating cover over it.

Could this have been the case in the video?

CtA

mr simon 17:08 11 Nov 09

I thought the reason she didn't get up was that she was drunk?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced