Driza-bone

onthelimit 10:54 12 Jul 10

Have a 5 yr old Driz-abone. Took the dogs out in the rain this morning, and it leaked all down my thighs. What the best way/product to restore the waterproofing, please?

jack 10:58 12 Jul 10

The clothing I assume and not your skin.
What type of garment is it?
Millets [and others] sell silicone water repellent spray that covers most cotton type fabrics

onthelimit 11:03 12 Jul 10

Yes, I should have expressed myself better - haven't turned into a flasher (yet). Thanks - I'll have a look next time I'm in town. I should have guessed there would be a more modern product than the stuff I used to have to apply to a Barber jacket when I rode in motorcycle trials years ago!

MAT ALAN 11:11 12 Jul 10

click here

NIKWAX

the website is just an example of their product range...

onthelimit 11:23 12 Jul 10

Thanks MAT.

MAT ALAN 11:56 12 Jul 10

Should mention i have used their tent seam sealer and it's pretty good stuff...

morddwyd 20:26 12 Jul 10

Make sure it's out of warranty.

Haven't checked mine recently, but I seem to remember that's it's got a phenomenally long guarantee.

john bunyan 20:40 12 Jul 10

My Miele Washing Machine has a "proofing" cycle, the others have reccomended the additive. These garments look smart, but you cant beat Gore Tex for functionality.

Forum Editor 23:06 12 Jul 10

for reproofing waxed garments. Hand-wash the coat in lukewarm water and Lux, and hang it somewhere airy to dry naturally. Then apply the Drizabone wax dressing.

Do not use any other wax dressing.

MAT ALAN 23:36 12 Jul 10

click here

a lot of waxes are very similar but if there is a dedicated wax to your type of coat it would make sence to use that...

john bunyan 08:28 13 Jul 10

Regret Lux (a soap) is no longer made in UK. I have an old box of Lux soap flakes kept for such things!! Genuine tallow based soap is rare these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac