Driverguide, I suppose it had to happen

pj123 12:23 29 Apr 06

I have been using Driverguide for quite a while now. User ID "drivers" Password "all"

I kept getting a warning that these would end soon but I took no notice.

Tried again yesterday using drivers and all.

Got a message "We told you, didn't we?"

So looks like I have to register properly. I don't like giving out a lot of personal details to websites. Anyone registered with Driverguide? Is it fairly safe?

Thanks.

VoG II 12:34 29 Apr 06

OK apart from the popup click here

pj123 12:42 29 Apr 06

As Victor would say, "I don't believe it"

I just tried driverguide again using "drivers" and "all" and it appears there is no change.

I downloaded a driver for my next door neighbour (who is still on dialup) no problem.

pj123 12:55 29 Apr 06

This is the bit that concerns me most:

"As part of our site-wide upgrades, we've installed a new user login and signup system. This new system will add a great many features allowing us to customize your experience of the site, including such things as keeping track of the devices you have, searches you've performed, etc."

welshbenson 13:49 29 Apr 06

I have been using the old drivers & all password for the last few years, do i now have to re-reg to use the site??

pj123 13:59 29 Apr 06

welshbenson, who knows? Yesterday it wouldn't let me in on drivers and all but today it was working fine.

As they say, registration is free but they seem to collect a lot of personal information.

If it is a "free" site why do they need that info?

g0nvs 14:29 29 Apr 06

I always seemed to get a lot of Spam after using that site.

welshbenson 15:07 29 Apr 06

Was able to get in using drivers & all, but decided to register in my own right as when you need a driver fast it will make things easier.

The sell you email details on, thats why you get crap, i always use my work postcode & give a false name! Then if i get spam i know who it's from!!

Rtus 21:34 29 Apr 06

I registered months back used it fine ,until I forgot the login bit .. as usual LOL( if I jot it down ,I lose it anyway.. I now dont use Drivers guide. either use manufacturers sites or just hit google while searching for awkard bits n bobs. mostly works ok

fleamailman 09:14 30 Apr 06

I suggest creating a new free email account just for this type of thing from your local internet cafe under another name. Keep the account handy as this type of thing is only going to grow.

pj123 11:08 01 May 06

I have an Hotmail account that isn't used very often so if I am forced to register I'll use that.

So far though it still seems to be working with "drivers" and "all".

Will tick this one now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…