This is dreadful !

freaky 12:07 09 Sep 06

In our local paper yesterday, the following incident was reported together with photographs.

At 3am on Friday morning a taxi driver with one passenger pulled up at a Shell petrol station- a white and black man walked out of the Shell shop. They then poured petrol over the taxi from an adjacent pump and ignited it.

Fortunately the Taxi driver and female passenger got out of the burning car, they then with the assistance of other customers, pushed the burning car away from the forecourt.

The two men were seen running away.

Evidently, if the car had not been pushed away, the whole site would have been an inferno!

spuds 13:18 09 Sep 06

Modern day fun and living they call it. When caught, after all the culprits must be on cctv, (if the cameras were working), what will be the punishment or the defenses excuse.

"Sorry mi'lud, but my client was very upset by the petrol station attendants attitude, and in a split second of retribution set fire to someones vehicle. The thought of danger to life or limb as no equation as to the grieve my client as suffered". (Or words similar!).

spider9 15:21 09 Sep 06

"..a white and black man walked out of the Shell shop"

Yes this would be dreadful, which parts were white and which were black? We need to know.

freaky 18:32 09 Sep 06

A follow up in the paper this evening - two men are in custody on charges of arson and attempted murder.

ade.h 18:52 09 Sep 06

LOL! I had the same thought, but didn't like to ask.

freaky 19:27 09 Sep 06

I feel very sorry for you, and trust you enjoyed your giggle.

wiz-king 19:32 09 Sep 06

English as she is wrote. click here

spikeychris 19:36 09 Sep 06

your story is a serious issue and very worthy. No one was injured and I too found the post from spider9 funny. It’s an obvious terrible thing but just ease up a tad; it’s a virtual forum....

freaky 19:51 09 Sep 06

"a white and black man walked out of the Shell shop".

OK I'll forgive - must admit I had to laugh at my syntax when I typed this!

Have a good weekend,

freaky

ade.h 20:00 09 Sep 06

We're not laughing at the subject of your post, Freaky. Sorry if it came across that way. You probably know me well enough by now to know that I deplore this kind of senseless behaviour as much as anyone. Like spuds, I really hope that there was CCTV footage and that it proves fruitful.

freaky 20:33 09 Sep 06

You type something, check it and then post it.

You then view your post and still don't notice anything wrong.

In this particular case, the lack of two words....'man' and 'a' changed something serious into something humorous. I expect the taxi driver and passenger would have chuckled as well ! Good job I was not the reporter, I would have been minus a job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…