Doubt if this could happen in the private sector

jakimo 13:05 14 Oct 10

Kept on for 8yrs,something not right here!

click here-#

birdface 13:30 14 Oct 10

In 2001, a doctor confirmed Miss Doyle was permanently disabled] Although this was overturned at a later date.
Like everyone else an injury at work and not being able to carry on working is grounds for making such a claim.
She has Been on unpaid leave for 8 years and although the result of the crash may not have left many scars i suppose it could have left her with some mental health problems and the Police force who does not seem to want to take any of the responsibility.
If she had been on full pay for 8 years I could imagine the outcry from others but this was not the case.
I suppose it is a bit like and aerial erector who falls off a roof and does not want to do it again because he is nervous of heights.
Maybe she never got the help from the Police force that she thought that any of their employees should be entitled to.
It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.

johndrew 13:56 14 Oct 10

"I suppose it is a bit like and aerial erector who falls off a roof and does not want to do it again because he is nervous of heights."

The point is that the 'permanently disabled' category the WPC was given had been overturned therefore it is probably reasonable to assume she is physically 'fit for duty'. I can see no evidence of psychological impairment and the claim being made is purely for administrative treatment which, she claims, has changed her attitude to her employer. Provided she was treated as any other employee doing the same job and sustaining the same injuries she has no case - regardless of the 'administrative' treatment.

The aerial erector is suffering a psychological response to the incident - this would be a directly linked ongoing effect of the injury/event.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…