Don't forget the clocks go back Sunday.

Brumas 23:26 25 Oct 14
Answered

Just a reminder to alter the non-radio controlled clocks, everything else should look after itself.

BT 08:40 26 Oct 14
Answer

Saw this which just about sums it up

The story is that an elderly American Indian was told about "Daylight Savings time" and shook his head. "Only white man think cutting off bottom of blanket and sewing it on top gives him a longer blanket."

Brumas 08:59 26 Oct 14

BT, spot on!

carver 09:39 26 Oct 14

BT do so like that

Quickbeam 10:45 26 Oct 14

We could have stayed on BST all year if only Scotland hadn't bottled out of the big split!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 26 Oct 14

Didn't work for the grandsons body clock, he got us up at 6 O'clock this morning :0(

spuds 12:48 26 Oct 14

Bought a new wristwatch the other day, and reset it this morning. Only problem the times correct, but its showing Monday 27th (AM).

Whoops, back to the instruction manual again!.

At least we have one radio controlled clock in the house :O)

Brumas 13:01 26 Oct 14

spuds

I can remember buying an automatic Seiko watch showing the day and the date, dirt cheap, in Bahrain yonks ago, must have been at least 1970. If I recall correctly, to alter it one had to wind forward until the date lined up and then backwards until the day came into view, one false move and you had to start all over again - it was a nightmare!!

Quickbeam 08:00 27 Oct 14

After breaking my wrist I August and still not being able to wear a wrist watch because of the swelling, I've now joined the many that use their phone as a self correcting timepiece.

It looks quite splendid in my weskit pocket on the gold chain...

Brumas 09:19 27 Oct 14

Quickbeam the best I can come up with is absolutely fobulous ;o}

spuds 10:01 27 Oct 14

Brumas

I had an Enicar bought for me in Brunei in the 6o's, it did the same thing. Great watch, which I still have today, but now no longer use.

Mentioning Seiko, brought memories back of counterfeits called Saiko that was readily available around the globe at one time. Surprising the amount of people not bothering to check the spelling before purchase, in the hope of getting the ultimate bargain :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…