Dog fighting on the news.

Snec 22:07 03 Sep 07

On tonights news 15 men have been arrested for organising dog fighting.
There were some sickening scenes of these dogs being forced to fight.

Frightened beyond imagination and screaming in pain and with nowhere to run to and with nobody to turn to for help.

If it were up to me these men, if found guilty, would be publically thrashed and then jailed for a good few years.

What will actually happen is they will be banned from keeping dogs for a short period of time. In effect no punishment at all.

These specimans are not of the human race, at best they could be described as sub-humans.
Normal laws and european human rights ought not to apply to these vicious creatures. Let there be real justice in cases like this. Have them publically flogged I say.

Your views?

Si_L 22:11 03 Sep 07

"These specimans are not of the human race, at best they could be described as sub-humans.
Normal laws and european human rights ought not to apply to these vicious creatures."

What they did was twisted and wrong, but in my opinion the correct punishment would be between being "publically thrashed and then jailed for a good few years" and "banned from keeping dogs for a short period of time". They deserve to be banned for certain, maybe jailed, but they are still humans, and have basic rights, I'm sure a public flogging would violate them.

spikeychris 22:13 03 Sep 07

You suggest “if found guilty, would be publically thrashed” Then state “These specimans are not of the human race, at best they could be described as sub-humans.” Is publicly thrashing someone a humane action?

Riojaa 22:13 03 Sep 07

There's a lot of history in dog fighting.
It goes as far back as the Coliseum combats of ancient Rome.

Nothing really changes when it involves man and gambling.

spikeychris 22:14 03 Sep 07

snap

Strawballs 22:14 03 Sep 07

They had a choice to do what they did THE DOGS DIDN'T!!!!!!!

Legolas 07:52 04 Sep 07

Let the violation begin

Belatucadrus 12:30 04 Sep 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…