Does your laptop struggle with the big V?

TopCat® 15:11 04 Dec 07

Apparently, several of the cheaper models on sale in the US, which were tested by Deb Schinder, editor of WinXPNews, struggled to run satisfactorily. Something definitely to check out before purchase, she says. TC. click here

interzone55 17:17 04 Dec 07

My laptop runs Vista no problem, but then again it has a proper graphics card with 256mb dedicated memory, it doesn't use onboard graphics.

There's a lot of cheaper laptops sold with Vista that just have celeron or Sempron chips, a gig of RAM and onboard graphics with shared memory. These will seriously struggle with Vista.

anskyber 17:21 04 Dec 07

Particularly since I think they do not meet the minimum system requirements click here now who should deal with that, well the laptop vendors of course.

interzone55 17:31 04 Dec 07

A lot of the problems with Vista are down to lack of drivers. I think that a lot of hardware manufacturers didn't even attempt to write drivers, they just left it up to MS to provide driver support.

Epson have still not made a driver available for the R300, so I have to use the MS driver, which doesn't support the CD printing tray, and this was the only reason I bought the printer in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now