Does everyone just "google"

ripvan 01:27 14 Oct 07

It seems that if people,myself included, want to know something they just "google" it.Does anyone bother with other search engines these days? Or is google now the be all and end all of search engines? If you do use others,why ?

mrwoowoo 02:07 14 Oct 07

Google is god to me.On the very rare occasion that i can't find what i want i sometimes try yahoo,but google is miles better.
To show how good it is,once i was stuck playing far cry on the pc.I struggled for ages to defeat a certain helicopter to no avail,so i google "how do you defeat the helicopter in far cry" and up came the answer at the top of the list.

robgf 02:12 14 Oct 07

I try other search engines from time, to time, but always return to Google, as it gives the most relevant results.
Also as a dialup user, Google is better than most search engines, as it doesn't load up loads of fancy graphics and adverts.

mrwoowoo 02:12 14 Oct 07

How does google work.
This made me smile(april fools day 2002)
click here

€dstowe 06:42 14 Oct 07

I've known and used Google since its very early days, long before it became well known and popular. When I told people to try this excellent new search engine most wouldn't believe the name and would continue struggling with their then pretty useless search engines common at the time - and whose names I forget.

octal 07:30 14 Oct 07

I use Google for general searching, but some of the other engines like Altavista are much better if you are looking for pictures and grasphics.

laurie53 07:43 14 Oct 07

It's a bit like Windows as far as market share goes - there are others available, and they may be better, but it's first choice for most people, me included.

octal 07:55 14 Oct 07

grasphics = graphics

I must cut my finger nails :)

spikeychris 10:52 14 Oct 07
  Devil Fish 11:33 14 Oct 07

nope not a slave to google also use dogpile

as it will run searches on different search engines simultaniously

spuds 12:20 14 Oct 07

Google is brilliant, depending on how you phrase the question. Wikipedia takes some beating as well, for information.

Doe's anyone bother with Jeeves nowadays, they seem to be advertising on television a lot just lately!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac