Does anyone use courier services

bumpkin 19:02 24 Jun 14
Answered

Hello all, I need to send a few large/heavy items and have only used Royal Mail in the past so no experience of alternatives. Any suggestions or advice please, I don't need the fastest delivery but bulky items get costly with RM.

john bunyan 19:06 24 Jun 14

Most of our local shops ( One Stop type places) are agents for Hermes. They seem OK but I have only used them to send stuff back to my wife's catalogue company. I tried to use them on a one off basis but one needs an account with them.

Hermes

morddwyd 19:43 24 Jun 14

I recently used DHL, via a local office supplies shop (Rymans)to send a tablet to Australia.

No complaints, took a week, cheaper than Royal Mail.

Goes by size, not weight.

carver 19:44 24 Jun 14

I've used these DPD in the past and been very happy with them, had to send 2 brakes discs back under warranty they weighed in at 15kg and I think cost was about £8.

Or give these parcel monkey a try.

bumpkin 20:16 24 Jun 14

Thanks for the input. The stuff I want to send is about 10kgs but requires large packaging. Do couriers pick it up or do I have to take it to a depot, as I say never done it before so no idea.

Nontek 21:17 24 Jun 14

I believe most couriers Pick-up.

Nontek 21:20 24 Jun 14
  bumpkin 21:41 24 Jun 14

thanks Nontek, useful info and pleased that you are recovering from your recent surgery.

bumpkin 13:33 25 Jun 14

Thanks everyone, I tried Parcel Monkey first and that was straightforward enough. City Link collect tomorrow for Friday delivery and much cheaper than I expected. Glad I asked you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009