Does anyone know they can search for the answer?

Totally-braindead 21:34 06 Feb 05

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of times the same question is asked. I know a lot of new members are joining the Forum but is it really that much easier to create a new posting rather than look at what has already been answered. Does anyone apart from me actually use the search facility or is it just the new members that post the same questions. Sorry this sounds like a bit of a rant but between people asking the same question again and again and again, plus the stupid titles of some of the threads "oops its done it again" or "my cats got furrballs" I'm tearing my hair out sometimes. Fortunatly the FE has posted on the weird and silly titles subject and at the moment that seems to be resolved with everyone taking the time to put in something about what the actual problem is, thank you folks it really does make things so much easier. Now I think I'll go post a thread about where to get ink cartridges or which anti virus program to use.

stalion 21:37 06 Feb 05

ink cartridges here and ant-virus click here
click here

spuds 21:43 06 Feb 05

This is a subject that is not going to go away. Various reasons have been given in the past,but like most things nowadays it all depends on the individual.I have got to the stage were some,not all, of these repeated questions are now being ignored by me.

Totally-braindead 21:44 06 Feb 05

Thank you for that stalion. They probably would have been my choices as well.

Totally-braindead 21:48 06 Feb 05

Yeah spuds you're right I'm going to mark this thread as resolved just to kill it off, it was probably a mistake typing it in the first place. Its just I like helping people out when I can and really like the Forum but I suppose I'm getting fed up of people asking the same questions every day instead of looking at what has already been asked. Oh well never mind, I'll log out and go do something else.

Kev.Ifty 21:53 06 Feb 05

I've got this cat that wants skinning. What's the best way? Should i get a different type of cat, one thats easier to skin or perhaps get a professional skinner in?

spuds 22:09 06 Feb 05

Kev.Ifty--- Doe's your cat use ink cartridges!.

stalion 22:13 06 Feb 05

no but the cat has a good anti-virus protection

Kev.Ifty 22:34 06 Feb 05

No. He's not a 'Copy Cat'

stalion. He's had all his injections. But he is 'Fat'.

I know Totally-braindead has a very good point. People should use the Search facility to get answers to their problem before posting their question. But one of the attractions of being a member of this Forum is getting the chance to answer a question and being able to help.

Having learnt most of what i know about Computers from this Forum, how would i get the opportunity to answer somebody if they didn't ask any easy, already answered question? ;-)

Also......... There is always more than one way to skin a wotsaname..

sattman 22:50 06 Feb 05

Not sure, but maybe it is because we have lately had a number of posts requiring the same answer. But the repeats are becoming tedious.

As an instance if I see another post on here asking which is the best anti virus software, I shall scream, I certainly am going to be less active in answering that post.

On many occasions the self same question by another user is still on the active page.

An observation that has been voiced on here before is the apparent reluctance of users to seek self-help to research their problem on Google
Many of the answers, tips or solutions are available just by giving some thought to the wording of the entered text.

I fail to understand why users do not use it.

Indigo 1 20:37 12 Feb 05

One of the reasons the search facility is not used is because the titles of the thread are so meaningless, I mean how can you find the right thread if the title is AAAAAAAAARGH ! ?

I have tried many times to use the search facility and given up in frustration and then posted a new subject only to be given a link to a thread titled something like 'Furrball messing with my cats Network' or something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…