Does anyone else hate the summer

arris 19:54 10 Jun 07

..as much as I do?

Guardianangel 19:58 10 Jun 07

Only when my hayfever is bad....like now!

robgf 20:08 10 Jun 07

I'm not very keen on the heat, I much prefer winter temperatures.
But on the plus side, I love to see the plants growing and the birds and animals rushing about.

arris 20:15 10 Jun 07

The hayfever, the humidity, the constant thud, thud, thud of the neighbours playing their "I wanna be black" type music. The insects, the sunburn.. I hate everything about it.

ulrich 20:25 10 Jun 07

Hate this summer at 59+ I have got myself a nice 20yr old 140mph motorcycle and what happens it rains and is cold. When I see hayfever sufferies are going to suffer, I won't I can enjoy myself blowing very many airconditioned cars in to the dust.

Bapou 20:25 10 Jun 07

What summer? Here on the North East coast we have not seen much of it yet.

laurie53 20:36 10 Jun 07

Summer? At the beginning of the week I still had daffodils in bloom in my garden!

The worst thing about summer is that if you go into the garden you find that one third of the local population has decided to share its musical tastes with the other two thirds!

WhiteTruckMan 20:53 10 Jun 07

when the rain gets warmer.

WTM

TalYasis 20:54 10 Jun 07

For hayfever get yourself some of nature's local honey.

Caution,be prepared that when some fight like with like they will be called terrorists!

But that's human nature for you.

mammak 21:20 10 Jun 07

I don't hate summer but have never been one for sitting about sunbathing! I prefer when there is a bit of a breeze and you can get out and about with the children/grandchildren and spend a pleasant day walking and take in the beautiful countryside or the likes and it don't cost a penny

and no load music blaring from cars either :-)

i have had hay fever all my life and you kinda get used to it after a week, i do anyway.
I hate summer because it's getting too hot, i hate spiders, flys and other creepy crawleys. i like to come in from the snow to a roaring fire with a sheepskin rug and have a nice glass of warming...er dr pepper, thats another reason i hate summer beer gardens, i miss em!
so till august i shall moan and everyone will say im being english and shall moan again in the winter, but i wont i love it!
my bedrooms built into a roof and when i first moved here it got to over 100 in july (at night!) i have since put air con in, and i have two settings, slightly hotter than the sun or colder than siberia. so have to get up every hour to turn off/ on!
come back winter!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple