Do you walk round with your bluetooth turned on?

SG Atlantis® 17:27 09 Feb 06

Watched a bit of Richard and Judy, they had a team of scammers on talking about their new show, in which... yes they scam people.

They talked about some of their scams, one was bluetooth hacking. The had set up a device so that it detected phones with bluetooth switched on and allowed them to hack them. Once hacked they make phone calls, all while the owner have their phones in their pockets! It all happens in a matter of seconds!

The scammers set up a Premium Rate number that they used and they claimed in fifteen minutes they made five hundred quid!!

So if your not using bluetooth turn it off!

SG Atlantis® 17:28 09 Feb 06

10.30pm The Real Hustle BBC3

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:21 09 Feb 06

I would take this with a huge dose of salt. To get £500 off a premium rate number in 15 minutes is impossible as the maximum charge is £1.75 of which half goes to BT.

G

Haol 18:22 09 Feb 06

Hmm this sound interesting, I must watch it.

SG Atlantis® 18:26 09 Feb 06

Not really impossible they'd just need to get at least 19 people at once!

SG Atlantis® 18:27 09 Feb 06

they did it in a shopping centre.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:44 09 Feb 06

That'll be two doses of salt then.

G

Totally-braindead 20:42 09 Feb 06

Its funny, I was speaking to this young lass down the pub yesterday and she was on about her boyfriends phone and bluetooth, according to what she said he had his bluetooth on his phone on and she was able to connect to it and download everything, the address book, photos and text messages and he didn't know anything about it.
I was surprised at this but then I don't know much about the subject other than the name. I'm hard pushed to send a text.

spuds 10:17 10 Feb 06

Like a number of these new technology devices,you hear the problems after the event,but to go on television and boast about it, then that's another sad form of life.

interzone55 11:20 10 Feb 06

When Coldplay released their current album they had a system set up around London that sent an advert and short soundclip to bluetooth enabled mobiles.

For this very reason my bluetooth is off at all times when I'm not in the car. You also look like a t**t walking round with those bluetooth earpieces in your ear.

fly_boy_201 12:22 10 Feb 06

Even with bluetooth switched on you still have to "Allow" others to do things; and you can be using an earpiece and still have the above security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac