Do you use a mouse pad with your PC?

PC Advisor 14:39 28 Mar 11

Just a quick question: do you use a mouse pad with your PC? Vote in our new poll: click here

I'd also be interested to hear if those who do use a mousepad are gamers or not.

Thanks
David Price
PCA

Armchair 15:28 28 Mar 11

No, I don't use a mousepad, and I game.

What will you do with this information?

Forum Editor 15:42 28 Mar 11

We'll send your email address to every mousepad manufacturer on the planet, and games companies, too.

That of course was my attempt at humour - we'll use the feedback to support an article in the magazine and/or on the site.

David Price 15:44 28 Mar 11

Yes, the Forum Editor is quite right. It's research for an article. In this case I'm writing a review of a mouse pad (for gamers) and was wondering how many people actually use them, and if it's pretty much just gamers who do so.

David Price
PCA

wiz-king 15:49 28 Mar 11

Whats a mouse pad? I use a mouse mat.

interzone55 15:50 28 Mar 11

I use a mouse pad, and I'm not a gamer.

I only use a mousepad because the movement of the mouse was damaging the top of my desk (Ikea manage to spread their desk coverings mere atoms thick)

Forum Editor 15:57 28 Mar 11

Same thing, different name.

Forum Editor 16:05 28 Mar 11

I went to a meeting at Microsoft in Reading, and they gave me a going home present - it was a very thin circular mouse mat/pad about 150mm in diameter.

It's made of some kind of solid, dense neoprene rubber material, and has hundreds of thousands of tiny blue glittery flecks in the top surface, and it grips the desk like a grippy thing. I've washed it dozens of times, and it comes up like new.

If you get your hands on one, treasure it - beyond any doubt it's the best mouse mat I've ever used.

Woolwell 16:11 28 Mar 11

Use one with my desktop but do not with the laptop although I frequently use a USB wireless mouse with it.

mobileman1953 16:12 28 Mar 11

do not need one use microsoft optical trackball mouse, had it about 7 years still good as new

jimv7 16:13 28 Mar 11

I use one of the newer type beer mats, good rubbery base grips well and its washable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…